Welcome to the St. George’s “Raise Our Roof” Campaign
St. George’s Anglican Parish was founded in 1832, and our beautiful heritage building was completed circa 1859.
We have been serving Ajax, Pickering and neighbouring communities for well over 180 years, and today St. George’s is the home of a caring Christian Community.
The Historic Church roof is in urgent need of renewal.
- The cedar shingles are now over 30 years old and are brittle and fragile
- Wind dislodges the worn out shingles every time we have a storm
- Where shingles fall off, there are holes in the roof
- Water will ultimately damage the sub-roof and the interior of the church
Ensuring the Future
A new roof will:
- Protect the future of St. George’s as a social, visual and spiritual hub at the heart of Pickering Village
- Maintain the building’s architectural integrity and improve its sustainability
- Preserve this historically designated property for future generations to enjoy.
What we offer:
- Prayer, pastoral and spiritual support to a broad community of all ages and cultures
- Traditional Holy Eucharist Service at 9:00 am every Sunday
- The Historic Church is open to the public every Tuesday from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- A venue for small concerts and plays rehearsals
- An intimate venue for weddings in the Anglican tradition
How to Donate
Buy a shingle, or a whole row of shingles, or an entire section!
Individual Shingle Level $100.00 & up
Your name will go on the St. George’s website thanking and acknowledging your donation, as well as on our Donor Wall at the entrance to the historic church building. We will also mail you a St. George’s THANK YOU postcard featuring our heritage building!
Row of Shingles Level $1,000 & up
In addition to the aforementioned, those contributing $1,000 or more will have their name engraved on an individual marker to be featured on our Donor Wall at the entrance of the historic church building.
Through the Roof Level! $5,000 and up
In addition to the aforementioned, your name will be engraved on a large plaque to be featured at the top of our Donor Wall at the entrance of the historic church building.
We encourage donation matching sponsors.
All donations are fully eligible for a charitable tax deduction under Canada Revenue Agency rules.
Cheques can be made out to “St. George’s Anglican Church”, with a specific reference to the “Raise Our Roof” campaign, and mailed to:
St. George’s Anglican Church, Pickering Village
77 Randall Drive,
Ajax, ON L1S 6L4
Or, if you wish, you can also donate online by clicking on the following link:
Please specify “Raise Our Roof” when donating through Canada Helps.
For more information, or a personal visit, please contact us either through e-mail at email@example.com or by calling the church office at (905) 683-7981
Historic Church Roof Re-building
Estimated total cost: $120,000
Donations and Grants received to date:
|Anonymous Parishioner Family||$25,000|
|Various Parishioners, and local businesses||$15,684|
|Matching contribution from past Parishioner family||$17,500|
|Grant from Town of Ajax |
(Façade Improvement Program)
|Grant from The Anglican Foundation of Canada||$15,000 pending|
|Total raised as of December 1, 2019||$103,184|
THANK YOU DONORS
|Donor Name||Amount Donated|
|Total to date||$40,684|
|Anonymous Past Parishioner’s Family||$25,000|
|Dr. Roma V. Stas||$1,000|
|Cassidy & Company||$1,000|
|Walter and Jacquie Foster||$1,000|
|Ed and Gwen Gale||$900|
|Ruth Charles & Carl Crick||$209|
|Rev. Fay Patterson||$100|
|Executive Copier Systems Inc.||$100|
|Estelle & Edwin Hawkins||$50|
|Sybil St. Louis||$50|
|Noble Chiropractic Corp||$50|